Mission: The library is a vital part of the school, continually expanding and changing to meet the needs and requests of the students and staff. Our primary goal is to provide resources to supplement the instructional program for the classroom and for individual use. In the THS Library, users will find varied materials including books, newspapers, magazines, electronic sources, and audiovisual materials.
The library is a place designed for research and enjoyment. Patrons should be aware of other users’ rights. Be courteous and considerate of others, abide by library policies, and be sure to ask a librarian if you need assistance.
- Talk quietly to avoid disturbing other library users.
- Push in chairs and leave the area where you worked clean.
- No food in the library. Bottled water is permitted at the tables only.
- Cell phones are not permitted between 8:15 am – 3:15 pm.
- The computer guidelines outlined in the student handbook apply to computer use in the library.
- Handle all library materials, furniture, and equipment with care. Patrons will be required to pay for damage to or loss of books, etc.
Monday thru Friday - 7:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
(Early closing for faculty meetings or other events will be posted)
- The THS Library is closed during all-school assemblies.
- During the school day, students need a pass from their teacher to come to the library.
- Students may come to the library during lunch, but must stay for the entire lunch period.
- Book Circulation
- Checking Out Materials
- e Books
- Library Materials
- Printing and Photocopying
- Use of Computers
- Books that have the letter “R” on the first line of the spine label. These nonfiction books are to be used in the library – they are not checked out.
- Nonfiction – organized by Dewey Decimal System
- Fiction – (hardback) “FIC” and the first three letters of the author’s last name
- Fiction – (paperback) “PB FIC” and the first three letters of the author’s last name
- Story Collection – “SC” on the first line of the spine label
- Career Books – “CAR” on the first line of the spine label
AUDIO VISUAL: DVDs are checked out by teachers only
PERIODICALS (MAGAZINES) and NEWSPAPERS:
- Periodicals are arranged alphabetically and chronologically on the back wall of the Library. Newspapers are located between the seating and computer areas.
Students may print up to 3 pages of school work on the regular black-and-white printer without permission. If more pages are needed, ask a librarian for permission.
The THS Library has a copy machine, color printer and scanner. Students may make copies of materials that are not protected by copyright laws. Black-and-white copies are 10 cents per page. Color copies are 25 cents per page. Students may request use of the scanner for school purposes only.
The THS Library has computers for students to use. Computers are for school related research and work – no playing computer games!! Students should save their work in their Google Docs. Anything saved to the documents folder of a library computer is not guaranteed. Do not bring jump-drives or CD’s to use on library computers. Please do not touch the flat screen monitors or change any computer settings.