The majority of our students need no advice on appearance because they use good common sense. Decency, good taste, and respect for self and the standards of the community are to be maintained in dress and grooming by all students. Any student attire that is considered contrary to good hygiene, disruptive in appearance, or detrimental to the educational environment or the public image of the school will not be permitted. Also, student attire should not be a hazard to the student’s safety or to the safety of others. The administration and teachers will determine the appropriateness of dress. Students not in compliance will be sent to the main office.
- Shorts should be the length of the longest fingertip when arms are extended and down at the student's sides.
- Skirts and dresses should be the length of the longest fingertip when arms are extended and down at the student's sides.
- Leggings, jeggings, and other compression/athletic-style pants may be worn as long as they are worn with a shirt that is the length of the longest fingertip when arms are extended and down at the student's sides and is also a dress-code compliant shirt.
- Pants with holes may be worn as long as there are no holes with exposing skin that is above the length of the longest fingertip when extended arms are at the student's sides.
- Shirts must be opaque, cover the stomach and chest, and have an over-the-shoulder area of 2 inches wide.
- Any items worn underneath sheer or lace clothing must adhere to the dress code.
- “Sagging” pants may not be worn. Pants must be belted and properly fit at the waist.
- Pajamas/pajama pants are not appropriate for regular school day attire.
- Appropriate footwear must be worn at all times. No house shoes are allowed.
- Sunglasses and hats (even cute ones worn as hair ornaments) are not to be worn by students inside the building. Baseball caps may be worn by students working in the welding or machine shops only.
- Apparel considered unnecessarily concealing will not be permitted.
- Spiked accessories and inappropriate head coverings such as bandanas or do-rags are prohibited during school time or school functions.
- Students may not wear clothing that mentions drugs, vulgar/obscene/profane captions, tobacco, alcohol, etc., or gang-affiliated. In addition, students may not wear anything deemed to be disruptive to the instructional environment at THS.
Parents will be notified if students are inappropriately dressed. Students will be required to change into proper clothing and will not be allowed to attend class if in violation of the dress code. Students who violate the dress code will be subject to disciplinary measures.
If a parent is unable to be contacted or unable to bring clothing in a timely manner that meets the dress code, the student will wait in the In School Suspension room until contact is made or clothing is delivered. The student must check out with parent permission to leave school to change clothing.