- 2021 - 2022 Telephone Extension List
- Athletic Participation & Medical Care Consent Packet
- Check Out Procedures
- Course Catalogs and Plans
- Medication Authorization Form
- Security Procedures
2021 - 2022 Telephone Extension List
Athletic Participation & Medical Care Consent Packet
Check Out Procedures
If your child needs to leave during the school day:
- Please do not call or email the attendance office and ask for a student to be released. As of April 2nd, 2018 we will no longer accept phone calls or emails to release a student from campus. A parent or someone from the student’s emergency contact list must physically sign the student out. Please be prepared to come into school to
- sign out your child when needed. We will also ask that the parent/guardian verify the contact/emergency info for the student in his or her data file at the first visit for check out.
- Please bring your driver’s license/ID when picking up a student. For the safety of our students, we require a photo ID for verification. Only those individuals listed in the student’s data file will be allowed to sign out a student. The student must also come to the attendance office to check-out before leaving the building.
- If your student drives and has a medical/dental appointment or court date, then the student must present a signed note to the attendance office on the same day they need to leave campus. All notes must be received at least one hour prior to check-out. All notes will be verified using the contact information in the student’s data file. Without a written notification, a student who drives may leave campus only if a parent or someone from the emergency contact list comes into the school and signs them out. *Notes for checkout will not be accepted until a parent/guardian comes in to verify the contact/emergency info for the student in his or her data file.
- All students will incur an unexcused absence for their time off campus unless they return with a formal doctor’s note or a note from the court clerk within 72 hours (3 days) of the absence.
- Please remember, If your child becomes sick while at school, he/she must be seen in the school nurse’s office prior to leaving campus due to illness. If your student is too ill to attend classes, please be prepared to come to school to sign your child out for the day.
Course Catalogs and Plans
Medication Authorization Form
Beginning Monday, February 26, 2018, Tullahoma High School will be operating under new security procedures. We understand that some of the changes may be inconvenient. Though we apologize for that, we hope you will understand that convenience must take a back seat to the safety of our students and teachers, and we ask for your support in making THS a safer place. Please be aware of the following changes:
- Students are now required to enter the school and report to the cafeteria or the library immediately upon arrival. Students will not be allowed to loiter in the parking lot or other outside locations before school.
- Students found out of area before 8 AM will be subject to search and consequences.
- Students will only be able to enter the school through the two main entrances at the front of the school and the entrance located behind the cafeteria which faces the student parking lot on the southern end of the school. All other entrances will be locked.
- All students arriving after the 8:15 bell must enter through the attendance office. This is not a new rule, but one which will now be strictly enforced.
- Adult visitors are always required to sign in and out through the attendance office.
- Acknowledging that our greatest weakness is the large number of entry points to our school, we have to take a very hard line when it comes to unauthorized entry. The most common issue we have is students letting other students in. Beginning Monday, any student who opens an exterior door to allow a fellow student or visitor into the building
- will be suspended.
- Please remind your child that backpacks are to be stored in their locker before reporting to class. Backpacks are to remain in lockers until the end of the day. Backpacks do not belong in classrooms or the hallway. Any backpacks found in the hallways will be confiscated and searched.
In addition to these procedural changes, we will be making upgrades to our security equipment, adding teacher supervision responsibilities, and better educating our teachers and students on how to respond in a crisis situation.
Again, we do apologize for any inconvenience these changes may cause. We will continually monitor the effectiveness of our procedures and make appropriate adjustments as needed. Thank you for trusting us with your children and know that their safety is our top priority.